SiEntries / SPORTident are Recruiting – March 2020
Due to our continued growth SiEntries / SPORTident are looking for a new colleague to work within our existing team supporting online entries services, event timing and results. An exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to turn their interest in sports / outdoor pursuits into a career. Help us continue to grow through our unique selling point, the quality and high level of support offered by our team.
We are looking for someone to help support our online entries system, SiEntries. You will support the day-to-day running of the system and help both event organisers and entrants to get the most out of SiEntries. You will also help support the timing and results services run by SPORTident UK. This will involve both office-based support / preparation and work at events. It will also include helping with testing, selling and distributing the SPORTident branded timing kit. You will:
- Communicate with event organisers and advise them on how to make the most of SiEntries.
- Set up events on SiEntries, resolve user issues and general system administration.
- Help to introduce the latest technology in sports results and timing services to customers.
- Work closely with event organisations to deliver a great timing/results solution.
Starting salary will depend on experience and skills, plus an annual bonus based on the performance of the company. This role will require some weekend working at events in the UK. The position includes a 6 months probationary period and will become permanent on successful completion.
- Great interpersonal communication skills, the ability to communicate and understand customer needs by phone, email and face to face.
- Positive attitude, a sunny disposition, empathy and a good sense of humour.
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills, preferably to degree level in a science, IT or engineering background. A good knowledge of Microsoft Excel will be essential.
- Ability to understand and use new software/apps quickly. A curiosity that allows you to gain a deep understanding and make optimal use of our software tools.
- The ability to embed yourself in an organisation as part of the core team but also to be a natural leader.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organisational skills, self-motivation, the ability to work unsupervised and with quiet confidence under pressure.
- An active interest in organising, helping at or participating in sporting events.
- Live within a 25 miles radius of Shap and have a Full Driving Licence.
- Day to day communication with event organisers and other members of our team to help them manage the online entries process.
- Investigating and responding to user queries about entries and issues with the entry process.
- Helping to develop and test the SiEntries system to keep it up-to-date with latest changes in technology and regulation.
- Communication with event organisers and other members of our team to help them prepare for and run their events.
- Work with the SPORTident timing kit, testing, preparing, selling and distributing it to our many UK and overseas customers.
- Provide our timing services at events, either on your own or as part of a team.
SiEntries/SPORTident is based at Sleagill, near Shap in Cumbria, approximately 10 minutes from M6 Junction 39.
Why Should You Apply
This job offers the chance to work in an encouraging, dynamic and supportive environment whilst playing an important part in helping our customers do what they love – organising and taking part in sports and the outdoor events. There aren’t many jobs around that allow those keen on sports and the outdoors to make a career out of their hobby, so don’t miss out on this one!
To find out more please contact Martin Stone on 01931 714106, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to apply for this role, please email a document that includes:
- Current CV
- An overview with a few paragraphs about yourself and why you believe you would be an excellent addition to the SiEntries/SPORTident team